If you’re looking for a program to change kids’ lives, you’ve come to the right place! Awana is a ministry designed to help reach children and youth for Christ.
Awana blends Bible teaching, Scripture memorization and tons of fun.
Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
AWANA Clubs meet at Harbour Shores Church through the school year from 5:00 – 6:30pm each Sunday evening. If you have any questions about our Awana ministry, please contact Steve Kester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUGGLES… In many circles. “puggle” is a common term for a baby platypus. In children’s ministry circles, Awana Puggles is an enriching program for your pre-Cubbies kids (usually older 2- and younger 3- year-olds) that present basic biblical concepts:
- We are a unique creation of God
- God loves us very much
Awana Puggles teaches toddlers simple lessons through teaching cards, activities, music and more. Awana Puggles leaders have a leader’s guidebook to help them plan and direct club time and communicate the lesson.
Then parents-and Awana Puggle’s first and best teacher can step in to reinforce the lessons with take-home cards that include ideas to point out God’s work each day. And little details like Awana Puggle’s T-shirts, puzzles, and coloring books make every precious child feel like part of the group.
CUBBIES… Awana Club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training
The Cubbies program meets these needs through….
Fun – and lots of it! Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ.
Friendly characters and leaders! Cubbie Bear and caring, committed volunteer leaders take preschoolers on a thrilling journey through God’s Word.
Foundational teachings! Bible-centered handbooks and club activities help your children begin to build a solid understanding of the basics of Christianity at an early age.
Family involvement! By working directly with their child on the weekly handbook lessons, parents become active participants in their child’s spiritual development.
Just look what they learn after only two years:
- Approximately 55 memory verses – and up to 120 additional verses they complete our extra-credit curriculum
- Key basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- The gospel message and their need to trust Christ as Savior
Immersing kids in God’s Word the Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review 68 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine
- Clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, encourages boys and girls to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Four handbooks of increasing difficulty aid in teaching children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
By the time a child has completed T&T, they will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorize verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help them see the world through God’s eyes